BRESSANONE_2The ancient Pressena, then Brixina, located in one of the few basins created dall’Isarco. Since the end of the century. X became the seat of the bishopric, then 1027 the capital of a vast episcopal principality, whose power lasted until 1803. The town has a historical center enclosed by medieval walls and characterized by dwellings of Nordic type and streets lined with low arcades. With the nearby complex of Neustift, Brixen is the largest arts center in South Tyrol, a place of intense tourism, promoted by good hotel equipment. The footprint of the typical German houses can also be found in the sports stained glass in the frames and crenellated gables (the Arcades More). Artistically significant, in the center, the squares of the Cathedral and the Parish.