IL PATTO DI AMISTA’Along the lower course of the river, about 30 km from Venice, there are two towns separated by the Piave San Dona di Piave and Musile di Piave. San Dona (the name means San Donato) and Musile (the name of the dam, embankment) during the Middle Ages were two small communities in a marshy area, grouped around their respective churches and patron saints. According to legend, the “pact of friendship” (the pact of friendship) between the two communities dates back to those years, when a disastrous flood diverted the course of the River Piave (in 1258 for the historic Teodegisillo Plateo, according to others in 1383 scholars). It was a fact so extraordinary that they had to be re-defined territorial boundaries. The small church of San Donato marked the border between the two dioceses: the Patriarchate of Aquileia, on the one hand and the Diocese of Torcello other. The church, already Sinistra Piave (Sandonatese side), he found himself on the right side of the river, in the territory of Musile. The community San Dona found himself thus deprived of their identity because the church, dedicated to his patron, he found himself on the other side of the Piave. Hence the compromise: leave the name of the current urban center of San Donato San Dona, with the right to celebrate the saint in Musile. As compensation for a solemn covenant: that the “Bagauda”, ie the community of San Dona were to offer the residents of Musile forever, August 7 of each year, two capons (“gallos eviratos duos”) alive, fertile and good. The event was restored in 1957 and is held annually under the patronage of the two municipalities and the Region of Veneto