The famous Saltpan extend over an area of 827 hectares and are located approximately 1600 meters from the sea. They have a complex network of small canals that extend for a total of more than 46 kilometers, and their perimeter is bordered by a canal 14 kilometers long. The connection is secured to the sea by a canal tributary of over 46 kilometers, the channel Pine built in 1919 and an effluent channel, the Bova whose implementation is much older and was later also used as a harbor for small boats. The origin and dating of the salt of Cervia remains a mystery but what is certain is that they are very ancient and have for centuries been a huge economic wealth for the coastal town of Romagna. In 1971, the salt works were included for their enormous environmental value in the “Ramsar Convention”, which protects wetlands of international importance. In 1979 he officially became instead the Natural Reserve of Animal Population representing the southernmost station of the Regional Park of the Po Delta These awards were given thanks to the rich presence of birds that can be observed in the salt of Cervia. There are more than 100,000 birds that can be seen from more than 100 species. Among the most characteristic species which nest in the salt marshes are the avocet and stilt Italy using water reservoirs as an oasis to stop and feed during their long seasonal migrations. During the winter months in the salt mines of Cervia thousands of wintering ducks and wild geese and herons as well as some rare species of gulls and terns. Since 1992, the oasis was also progressively populated by flamingos that currently more than 2000 copies. Regarding the flora flora-defined “halophilic” that grow in saline salt-loving plants of Salicornia and Salsola addition to the beautiful inula, sea lavender and sea aster that adorn the salt marshes with their seasonal blooms.