MONUMENTO ALL’ALPINOThe monument to the alpine, Alpine German-Denkmal or Kapuziner-Wastl is located in the town of Brunico and has the function to commemorate the victory of the Alpine troops of the 5th Alpine Division “Pusteria” during the War of Ethiopia in 1935 and 1936. Was built at the behest of fascist dictator Benito Mussolini in 1938 but was shot down by Nazi troops after the fall of Fascism in 1943 and then was rebuilt eight years later. In 1966 it was destroyed by a charge of dynamite because of the clash extremist Tyrol (Südtirol the Befreiungsausschuss) who wanted the annexation of South Tyrol to Austria and, in 1968, the ANA section of Bolzano decided to rebuild it. At the end of the seventies a new attack by the terrorist organization Ein Tirol destroyed and remained almost intact just the bust of the statue that is now placed on a pedestal of porphyry and stone elements. On 9 June 2011, the Ethiopian ambassador in Italy has taken note of the monument, pointing out that the Alpine would not be heroes, because they have attacked and occupied Ethiopia mercilessly, just in the war of the thirties. So, in September of 2011, the municipality of Brunico did engrave a plate to be placed on the monument to explain the ideological significance of the same.