LA MADONNA E IL SANTUARIO DI LORETOThe shrine preserves, according to an ancient tradition, the House of the Virgin Nazarene. The earthly house of Mary in Nazareth was made up of two parts: a cave carved into the rock, which is still venerated in the Basilica of the Annunciation in Nazareth, and a house brick front. According to tradition, in 1291, when the crusaders until they were expelled from Palestine by the loss of the Port of Accon, the House of the Virgin Mary brick you conveyed, “to the angelic ministry”, the first in Illyria and then in the territory of Loreto (10 December 1294). Today, according to new guidance documents, the results of the archaeological excavations in the basement of S, House (1962-65) and philological studies and iconography, is increasingly confirming the hypothesis that the stones of the Holy House were transported Loreto on the ship, for human initiative. In fact, a document of September 1294. Discovered recently, states that Angelo Nicephorus, despot of Epirus, Ithamar in giving his daughter in marriage to Philip of Taranto, the fourth child of Charles II of Anjou, King of Naples, sent to him a series of dowry, among which appear with strong evidence: “the holy stones brought from the House of Our Lady the Virgin Mother of God.” The news is confirmed by some scholars as the beginning of this century, say they have read in other documents of the Vatican archives, now nowhere to be found, according to which the aforementioned Byzantine family or Angelo De Angelis, in sec. XIII, saved the stones of the Holy House of Nazareth from the ravages of Muslims and made them carry the shrine at Loreto to rebuild yourself. Even some archaeological finds confirm the document de] 1294: two coins (found under the Holy House) Guido de La Roche, Duke of Athens from 1287 to 130S – era of the translation of the Holy House – the son of Elena Angel, cousin of Ithamar, and vassal of Philip of Taranto; an inscription on a stone of the Holy House, where it seems possible to read Ateneorum, that “the Athenians,” referring to the geographic and family of Angelo; a coin of Ladislaus of Anjou-Durazzo, great-grandson of Philip of Taranto and King of Naples from 1386 to 1414, found walled up between the stones of the Holy House with five crosses of red cloth of the Crusaders or, more likely, of the Knights of a military order during the Middle Ages who were defending the holy sites and relics, and together with the remains of an ostrich egg, which immediately recalls the Palestine and symbolism referring to the mystery of the Incarnation. Of great interest are also some graffiti carved on the stones of the Holy House, very similar to those found in Nazareth. Perhaps the name of the Angel of Epirus can sort the popular version of the transport of the Holy House “to angelic ministry.” Whatever the truth of Transport of the Holy House “to angelic ministry” or human initiative, it also inspired from above – and some that Loreto has a very special bond with the house of Mary Nazarene.