Case CazuffiHouses Cazuffi Rella
Impossible not to notice them, with their characteristic facade of the two adjacent buildings Cazuffi and Rella adorn the center of Trento with a flavor of great historical and architectural value. We like to remember the words of Frederic Mercey, during which the fashion of the European Grand Tour in 1833 appreciated especially the colors of the urban city, “the bistro streaked with gray and yellow [the mighty walls], white [homes ] that time has faded with streaks of pink and orange and red mass of some palace built with marble from the nearby mountains. “The two houses that we admire here are located on the corner of the street Belenzani more concentrated stately homes, in front of the tower, and are distinguished by being painted with floral and mythological figures, the work of Fogolino (painter of Vicenza, a student of Bartolomeo Montagna), whose works are distinguished in several other buildings of Trent, including the Duomo and the Castello del Buonconsiglio.

CASTELLO DEL BUONCONSIGLIOBuonconsiglio Castle
If you look from below the famous castle of Trent is so great that the eye can not capture the top. The imposing mass of pink stone encloses the entire history of Trento and most of the Italian and European. Born as a defensive fortress in the thirteenth century in the hills known as Malconsey off, it was in the time known as the castle of Buoncosilii, from which it derives its current name, the residence of the prince-bishops of the county. The original building is the embattled Castelvecchio, Episcopalian, amended several times in the architectural style and art of later times and still appreciable for the yard and the Gothic-Venetian loggia. The Great Palace is the other big structure of the complex was built in the Renaissance style as the residence of the Prince Bishop Bernardo Clesio in the sixteenth century. The two oldest structures are accompanied by the most recent council Albertina, the seventeenth century, built at the behest of Prince Bishop Francesco Alberti Poja and valuable to the Baroque style. The castle is named after the historical events that have seen the protagonist during many sessions of the Council of Trent, which was inaugurated by Pope Paul III in 1545 and remained active until 1563 (it was launched with the so-called Counter worldwide Catholic, which collected all the acts due to face the relentless expansion of the Protestant Reformation disclosed from Lutheranism and Calvinism. During the following centuries, from the seventeenth and until the nineteenth century, the castle became important symbolic landmark of the Italian Resistance against the Austro-Hungarian Empire, as was the scene of the execution of two famous Trentino, Cesare Battisti (the founding father of the newspaper ‘the People’) and Fabio Filzi, a young lawyer of Rovereto. the castle houses the famous Eagle Tower (also known as Tower of Laste) inside which is now a museum (Provincial Art Museum), you will find ancient fourteenth-century frescoes depicting the cycle of the months, details of farm life and military work likely to master Wenceslas. In the Palace commissioned by Bishop Clesio you can admire the frescoed rooms by brothers Dossi and Romanino example of the humanistic culture of the time. Also notice the imperial themes favored by successive rulers of Trento, coats of arms and portraits of the Habsburgs.